Installing Third Party Materials
Composer needs to know the curing behaviour and material strength of any third party material.
The material properties are to be defined inside Material INI files.
Acquiring Material INI Files
Vendor Provided Material INI
Your material manufacturer may have their own Material INI files available for our printers.
Asiga Hosted Material INI
- Open your Asiga account home page
- Click the ‘Material INI’ tab
- Choose a material manufacturer
- Click on a folder to download all files within the directory or a file to download a single file
Adding Material Directories
You should manage third party material files by keeping them in any directory that you like.
As an example, you may store INI files on your Desktop/MyMaterials directory.
- Create a new directory in your ‘Desktop’ with the name ‘MyMaterials’
- Open your ‘Downloads’ folder
- Drag and drop your downloaded material files from ‘Downloads’ to ‘MyMaterials’
- Open your Composer window
- Choose menu ‘Options’ → ‘Preferences…’
- Open the ‘Materials’ tab
- Click the Add button
- Choose ‘MyMaterials’ from the ‘Desktop’
- Click ‘Ok’
Composer will then load all available INI files inside the ‘MyMaterials’ directory.
Updated Aug. 13, 2018, 3:39 p.m.